Green peppers in Cajun dishes inspired this recipe. For a healthy choice instead of andouille, substitute chicken sausage, cubed chicken or other protein. —Sarah Larson, Carlsbad, California
4 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) jambalaya mix
- 4 small green peppers
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage links, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato juice
- Louisiana-style hot sauce, optional
- Prepare jambalaya mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut
- peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat until
- browned. Add jalapeno; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir sausage mixture into prepared jambalaya. Spoon into pepper
- halves. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour tomato
- juice over and around peppers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until peppers are
- tender. Serve with hot sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.