Andouille-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) jambalaya mix
- 4 small green peppers
- 3/4 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato juice
- Louisiana-style hot sauce, optional
- 1. Prepare jambalaya mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat until browned. Add jalapeno; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Stir sausage mixture into prepared jambalaya. Spoon into pepper halves. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour tomato juice over and around peppers.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until peppers are tender. Serve with hot sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Andouille-Stuffed Peppers
"Very flavorful, we like dishes with some kick in my house. I changed up the peppers a bit. I used a red pepper, a yellow pepper, an orange pepper, and a poblano pepper. Very colorful and very delicious."
"This was an instant favorite with my family. We used chicken instead of Andouille, and topped each pepper with a slice of cheddar cheese. Delicious!"
"All my boys really liked this recipe. And it was so easy - almost a no-brainer after I read the ingredients and instructions. Such a good idea, it was like geez, why didn't I think to do that? - Very good - would totally make it again"
"My husband thinks this is the best stuffed pepper recipe we have."
"I'm a novice to cooking and never made a stuffed pepper before. This recipe was so easy and tasted amazing too. Definitely for more grown up taste-buds as it has some zing."