- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked andouille chicken sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 5 medium), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots and green pepper; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pot.
- In same pot, brown sausage over medium heat. Add potatoes, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, broth and onion mixture. If desired, stir in liquid smoke and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. If desired, top servings with sour cream. Yield: 10 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Andouille Sausage Soup in Country Woman February/March 2016
Reviews for Andouille Sausage Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review