Andouille Egg Burritos Recipe
Give yourself a morning wake-up-call with these spicy burritos. They make a great on-the-go breakfast, but try them weeknights for a delicious and different dinner. -Frank Millard of Janesville, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage links, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Taco sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter until tender. Add the sausage, chilies and jalapeno; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Add the eggs, salt, pepper and cayenne; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set.
- 2. Spoon filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with taco sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burrito (calculated without taco sauce) equals 460 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 376 mg cholesterol, 996 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC