Andouille Egg Burritos Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Taco sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter until tender. Add the sausage, chilies and jalapeno; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Add the eggs, salt, pepper and cayenne; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set.
- 2. Spoon filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with taco sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 460 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 376mg cholesterol, 996mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Andouille Egg Burritos
"These are quick and easy to make for those mornings that you want something a little more heartier than cereal. They freeze well too. Lots of flavor and not too spicy."
"Great flavor and gives that great New Orleans flavor. Adding a little picante sauce adds just another layer of flavor."
"Waaaaay too spicy"