Give yourself a morning wake-up-call with these spicy burritos. They make a great on-the-go breakfast, but try them weeknights for a delicious and different dinner. -Frank Millard of Janesville, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Taco sauce, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter until tender. Add the sausage, chilies and jalapeno; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Add the eggs, salt, pepper and cayenne; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set.
- Spoon filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with taco sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Andouille Egg Burritos in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p31
Reviews for Andouille Egg Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review