- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Taco sauce, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter until tender. Add the sausage, chilies and jalapeno; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Add the eggs, salt, pepper and cayenne; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set.
- Spoon filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with taco sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Andouille Egg Burritos
Sort By :
"These are quick and easy to make for those mornings that you want something a little more heartier than cereal. They freeze well too. Lots of flavor and not too spicy."
"Great flavor and gives that great New Orleans flavor. Adding a little picante sauce adds just another layer of flavor."
"Waaaaay too spicy"