- 2 cans (13-1/4 ounces each) sliced beets, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- In a large saucepan, combine the beets, cranberry sauce and orange juice concentrate. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for And the Beets Go On
Sort By :
This is by far, the best beet recipe I have eaten. The only thing I will change is using 2 cans of the cranberry sauce instead of 1 so the ratio to the beets is more even. I want the exact amount of sauce on my spoon as the beets. And yes, I eat it with a spoon because the sauce would slip thru the fork tongs.
My whole family loves beets and we eat them often. I was curious about adding cranberries to beets but I have to say We all loved it. You have just the right amount of orange tang to it and the sweetness of the berries WOW! This is a keeper for my family.
I fixed this for a side dish at christmas and I was pleased to find my 20 year old son who does not like beets had 3 helpings!
I'm not a beet fan,but these were great
I have made this dish countless times and just realized I had not posted a comment. Beet lovers rejoice (and after taking this to potlucks I have found there are a lot of us out there). This is a wonderful treat. Easy and addictive. I keep the ingredients on hand at all times.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >