The first time I tasted this, I was amazed how well the blueberries and watermelon go with the peppery steak. Use whatever fruits are in season so you can serve this anytime. —Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, CT
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (1-1/4 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup seeded diced watermelon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Rub steaks with chili pepper and garlic salt. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°).
- In a bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Cut steak into slices; serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ancho Garlic Steaks with Summer Salsa in Simple & Delicious August/September 2015
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Ancho Garlic Steaks with Summer Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review