The first time I tasted this, I was amazed how well the blueberries and watermelon go with the peppery steak. Use whatever fruits are in season so you can serve this anytime. —Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, Connecticut
Featured In: 45 Super Foods for Your Brain
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (1-1/4 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup seeded diced watermelon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Rub steaks with chili pepper and garlic salt. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°).
- In a bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Cut steak into slices; serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ancho Garlic Steaks with Summer Salsa in Simple & Delicious August/September 2015
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Ancho Garlic Steaks with Summer Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review