I love a little spice in my life, and with this dish, that’s exactly what you get! A few pantry staples and 20 minutes are all you need for this light, flaky tilapia. —Jennifer Schaub, Chandler, AZ
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 to 5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine the first six ingredients; sprinkle over fillets. Cook fillets in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and oregano in a small bowl. Serve with fillets. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ancho Chili-Spiced Tilapia in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p26
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ancho Chili-Spiced Tilapia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review