Ancho Chili-Spiced Tilapia Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 to 5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Combine the first six ingredients; sprinkle over fillets. Cook fillets in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and oregano in a small bowl. Serve with fillets. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 150 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Ancho Chili-Spiced Tilapia
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.