Ancho Chili-Spiced Tilapia Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 to 5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Combine the first six ingredients; sprinkle over fillets. Cook fillets in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and oregano in a small bowl. Serve with fillets. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1 tablespoon sauce: 150 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Ancho Chili-Spiced Tilapia
"This isn't exactly an accurate rating as I had to make a substitution with the ancho chili powder. I couldn't find it at my store so I substituted chipotle chili instead. Keep in mind chipotle is hotter than ancho. I was certainly glad the mayo tasted wonderful! It helped cool down the spice on the fish a little bit."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.