- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, halved
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- Dash salt and paprika
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer broccoli and eggs. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, ham and onions; spread over eggs. In a saucepan, melt butter; add flour. Cook and stir until bubbly. Gradually add milk, salt and paprika; cook and stir until boiling. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Pour over casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Amy's Green Eggs and Ham
"Great for an Easter morning or theme brunch."
"This was a really good recipe, however the family is not big on broccoli so I replaced it with asparagus and that did the trick for us. It was really good, will make again!"
"I love this recipe, my husband likes it, but my kids are not crazy about it (because of the broccoli). Since I'm the only one who is wild about it, I only make it once a year - on Dr. Seuss's birthday."
"I used this recipe in my Culinary Arts class and the students really loved it! It was delicious! Thanks for sharing Amy!"
"Like green eggs I does"
"This recipe appeared a few years ago in Taste of Home magazine - I made it every year for my church's Easter breakfast and have made it many times since - love this recipe"
"We enjoyed this dish very much - tho I would use just 1 tbsp. of dijon mustard next time - I also used a four cheese mix instead of cheddar, which was very tasty. As well, I used far less broccoli, more like 1 to 1 1/2 cups, but a bit more ham. Very nice dish."