Amy's Green Eggs and Ham Recipe
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, halved
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- Dash salt and paprika
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer broccoli and eggs. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, ham and onions; spread over eggs. In a saucepan, melt butter; add flour. Cook and stir until bubbly. Gradually add milk, salt and paprika; cook and stir until boiling. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Pour over casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Amy's Green Eggs and Ham(7)
Sort By :
This was a really good recipe, however the family is not big on broccoli so I replaced it with asparagus and that did the trick for us. It was really good, will make again!
I love this recipe, my husband likes it, but my kids are not crazy about it (because of the broccoli). Since I'm the only one who is wild about it, I only make it once a year - on Dr. Seuss's birthday.
I used this recipe in my Culinary Arts class and the students really loved it! It was delicious! Thanks for sharing Amy!
Like green eggs I does
This recipe appeared a few years ago in Taste of Home magazine - I made it every year for my church's Easter Breakfast and have made it many times since - love this recipe
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >