Amish Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin dessert mix
- 8 ounces frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces frozen raspberries
- 1. Mix batter ingredients together in order just until smooth. Bake in waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. For topping, combine water, sugar, corn syrup, food coloring and cornstarch in saucepan and cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat; add gelatin mix, stirring until dissolved. Let cool; add berries. Serve warm over waffles with scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 382 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Amish Waffles
"This is my new favorite waffle recipe. It is very simple to make and my kids love them."
"These were very good. A nice vanilla flavor, and a cake-like texture. I didn't make the topping either."
"This is the best recipe I have found for waffles. They were crispy on the outside and cake like on the inside. They actually had a delicous flavor without any topping. I only made the waffles not the topping. They have been added to my favorite recipe file."
"I made just the waffles for breakfast this morning & they were good enough but not the best I've had."