Amish Waffles Recipe
This waffles are so crispy and tasty, you wouldn't believe they could get any better but then you add the topping. It is so delicious.—Neil and Jeanne Liechty, Pensacola, Florida
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin dessert mix
- 8 ounces frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces frozen raspberries
- 1. Mix batter ingredients together in order just until smooth. Bake in waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. For topping, combine water, sugar, corn syrup, food coloring and cornstarch in saucepan and cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat; add gelatin mix, stirring until dissolved. Let cool; add berries. Serve warm over waffles with scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 382 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Amish Waffles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC