- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 8 ounces frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces frozen raspberries
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat waffle maker. Mix first seven ingredients in order just until smooth. Bake waffles according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for topping, combine water, sugar, cornstarch, corn syrup and food coloring in a small saucepan over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat; add gelatin mix, stirring until dissolved. Cool; add berries. Serve warm over waffles; if desired, add vanilla ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Amish Waffles
"This is my new favorite waffle recipe. It is very simple to make and my kids love them."
"These were very good. A nice vanilla flavor, and a cake-like texture. I didn't make the topping either."
"This is the best recipe I have found for waffles. They were crispy on the outside and cake like on the inside. They actually had a delicous flavor without any topping. I only made the waffles not the topping. They have been added to my favorite recipe file."
"I made just the waffles for breakfast this morning & they were good enough but not the best I've had."