Amish Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin dessert mix
- 8 ounces frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces frozen raspberries
- Mix batter ingredients together in order just until smooth. Bake in waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- For topping, combine water, sugar, corn syrup, food coloring and cornstarch in saucepan and cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat; add gelatin mix, stirring until dissolved. Let cool; add berries. Serve warm over waffles with scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Amish Waffles(5)
Sort By :
This is my new favorite waffle recipe. It is very simple to make and my kids love them.
These were very good. A nice vanilla flavor, and a cake-like texture. I didn't make the topping either.
This is the best recipe I have found for waffles. They were crispy on the outside and cake like on the inside. They actually had a delicous flavor without any topping. I only made the waffles not the topping. They have been added to my favorite recipe file.
I made just the waffles for breakfast this morning & they were good enough but not the best I've had.