This waffles are so crispy and tasty, you wouldn't believe they could get any better but then you add the topping. It is so delicious.—Neil and Jeanne Liechty, Pensacola, Florida
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin dessert mix
- 8 ounces frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces frozen raspberries
- Mix batter ingredients together in order just until smooth. Bake in waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- For topping, combine water, sugar, corn syrup, food coloring and cornstarch in saucepan and cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat; add gelatin mix, stirring until dissolved. Let cool; add berries. Serve warm over waffles with scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Amish Waffles in Country June/July 1990, p15
Reviews for Amish Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review