Amish Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Amish Sugar Cookies(39)
Sort By :
Such a GREAT cookie!! I loved the melt in your mouth taste- it was just so heavenly!
so light and delicate
Very tasty cookies that were easy to make. I have made these a few times and sometimes change the recipe a bit. Using almond extract instead of vanilla really gives it a nice flavor and I like the idea of cinnamon that was suggested and will give that a try as well. This is a recipe worth keeping.
These are AWESOME! I added peppermint extract and cinnamon. They tasted great and were easy to make!
I have made these cookies for several years, now. They are always in demand with my family and friends. I sometimes add 1/4 cup of ground pecans to turn them into a Pecan Sandy, and at Christmas, I add 1/4 cup of finely crushed candy canes. Great all three ways!