Amish Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Amish Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
I made these cookies exactly following the recipe. I didn't like them. They are very light and I didn't think they had enough flavor. I am going back to my Gramma's sugar cookie recipe.
Best sugar cookie I ever had. Melts in your mouth. Must have milk or coffee on standby!
I personally do not like sugar cookies, but i get asked to make these all the time. My family loves it if u smash the dough with a glass covered with sugar
These were tasteless with a really dry texture. It was like eating a spoonful of flour from a spoon. Good thing I only made 1/2 a batch. They were all thrown in the trash. (The dog didn't even finish the one I gave him). I even tried pressing the tops with extra sugar to add *some* flavor. Still tasteless.
Have made these3 times, great. First time I was hesitant on the amount of shortening, thought, oh man they will be so greasy, but weren't. Second time I added some finely crushed pecans and they turned out just like the boughten Pecan Sandies! Loved them.