Amish Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Amish Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"Wonderful suger cookie recipe! Makes a veryu good size batch."
"Oh my gosh! These are the perfect cookie-cross between tea cookies and sugar cookies. The cream of tartar makes them truly delectable. I am a sweet freak and believe me, these are the best."
"I have a recipe that is very similar, the difference is it uses vegetable shortening instead of oil. And a cup of coconut. They are truly melt in your mouth wonderful. Seems that you could use any flavoring you like in these....lemon would be good for a summer treat."
"Great cookie...have made this recipe for years, i substitute almond extract for the vanilla."
"I brought this recipe with me to Georgia when I moved from Michigan most Southerners love it"