Amish Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Amish Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"Delicious! The dough is slightly fluffy so I was able to mix with a hand mixer.I used a small ice cream scoop to make the perfect size for little hands and ended up with 7 dozen.I used "real" pure butter, Kerrygold.Because they have a slight crispy texture and remind me of Pecan Sandies...My next batch, I will be adding pecan bits."
"Excellent cookie! Was looking for something to bake for lunches, so glad I found this recipe."
"I liked these cookies. They have a very light texture and a delicate taste. I doubled the amount of vanilla extract and rolled the dough balls in sugar before baking, however, to accentuate the taste."
"I made these cookies exactly following the recipe. I didn't like them. They are very light and I didn't think they had enough flavor. I am going back to my Gramma's sugar cookie recipe."
"Best sugar cookie I ever had. Melts in your mouth. Must have milk or coffee on standby!"