- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Amish Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"Wonderful cookies. I have my mom's butter cookie recipe and these are so much lighter. Thank you for sharing."
"This recipe was incredibly easy. Mine turned out beautifully; very similar to the cookies pictured.I drop them, then roll them. I sprinkled a bit of sugar on mine before baking too."
"This will replace my current BUTTER Cookie recipes! I'm not fond of sugar cookies but this is more like a butter cookie. The only changes I made were to use almond flavor and flatten them with a sugar dipped glass. They were delicious! I saw the recipe yesterday, needed a desert for a men's meeting my husband was hosting in the evening, so made "cookie cups" using the bottom side of muffin tins. I filled them with fruit & Reddi Wip (correct spelling) and they were a huge hit!"
"good recipe & I sell at Farmer Markets. Some reviewers just can not dislike a recipe & rate as such. They have to report thrown in trash, comment about dog. I am no longer surprised at the rudeness of reviewers on this site."
"Recipe needs sour cream!"