Amish Sugar Cookies
These easy-to-make cookies simply melt in your mouth! I've passed the recipe around to many friends. After I gave the recipe to my sister, she entered the cookies in a local fair and won the "best of show" prize! —Sylvia Ford, Kennett, Missouri
30 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in eggs until
- well blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and
- cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 233 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.