Amish Raisin Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine raisins and water. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins with liquid.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until the surface cracks. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Amish Raisin Cookies(18)
Sort By :
very bland tasting...maybe some cinnamon would help but all and all not a very good tasting cooking...everything ended up in the garbage
Did not like these, didn't turn out as pictured, recipe made only 40 cookies not even close to 6 dozen , will not make again, I think there is something wrong with it ?
I am an experienced cook and huge fan of TOH, however I have tried twice to get this excellent tasting cookie to come out as pictured and "cracked." I will try once more.
I think there is something wrong here. One says it makes 36 cookies and in the directions says it makes 6 dozen? I think more of 3 dozen cookies.
I DON'T LIKE RAISINS IN BAKED GOODIES SO I USE DRY CRANBERRIES. GOOD