Amish Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups), divided
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a blender or food processor, place 1/2 cup potatoes, onion, eggs, flour, parsley, baking powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Process until smooth. Add remaining potatoes and pulse until chopped (two to three times). Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot well-oiled skillet or griddle. Fry over medium heat until golden on both sides. Yield: about 8 pancakes.
3 each: 190 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Amish Potato Pancakes
"I needed a side dish to go with lunch so I quickly picked this one. I grew up with potato cakes so I wanted to make a variation of an old recipe. This one was okay. Not sure where the Amish comes in. I did like the taste of the Worcestershire sauce in it."