Amish Potato Pancakes
I have always been fascinated with the life-style of the Amish, especially when it comes to their cooking! I came across this old Amish recipe years ago, and it's my husband's very favorite side dish.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups), divided
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a blender or food processor, place 1/2 cup potatoes, onion, eggs,
- flour, parsley, baking powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce
- and nutmeg. Process until smooth. Add remaining potatoes and pulse
- until chopped (two to three times). Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot
- well-oiled skillet or griddle. Fry over medium heat until golden on
- both sides. Yield: about 8 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 190 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.