Amish Potato Pancakes Recipe
I have always been fascinated with the life-style of the Amish, especially when it comes to their cooking! I came across this old Amish recipe years ago, and it's my husband's very favorite side dish.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups), divided
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a blender or food processor, place 1/2 cup potatoes, onion, eggs, flour, parsley, baking powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Process until smooth. Add remaining potatoes and pulse until chopped (two to three times). Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot well-oiled skillet or griddle. Fry over medium heat until golden on both sides. Yield: about 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Potato Pancakes in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p47
Reviews for Amish Potato Pancakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review