Amish Chicken Corn Soup Recipe
- 12 cups water
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, combine water, chicken, onion, celery, carrots and bouillon. Slowly bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in corn, noodles and butter; cook 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 16 servings (about 4 quarts).
Reviews for Amish Chicken Corn Soup(19)
Sort By :
Tastes like my grandma's chicken soup. One of my cold weather go-tos.
What is a Dutch oven, please? I only have an ordinary electric oven.
This is a wonderful soup. I make it at least every two weeks in the Winter Months.
We loved this soup! So good, and so easy and quick. Soups are my favorite, and this one is now included in my file of recipes I'll make again and again.