- 12 cups water
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, combine water, chicken, onion, celery, carrots and bouillon. Slowly bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in corn, noodles and butter; cook 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 16 servings (about 4 quarts).
Reviews for Amish Chicken Corn Soup
"My husband LOVES this soup, but I alter it. I think 12 cups of water is too much. I add chicken broth instead - about half as much."
"I never cook and I was able to make this quickly and it was fantastic. I would substitue the second can of creamed corn for a bag of frozen corn though. It was a bit too thick and sweet for my taste. But an excellent and esay recipe to follow!"
"Gracie T-a Dutch oven is the big 'soup pot' that often comes with a set of pans. We make soup and chili in it--or cook a roast or chicken on the stove top. Check this out--http://www.amazon.com/WearEver-A8344665-Stainless-Straining-Dishwasher/dp/B000MYFDEM/ref=sr_1_15?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1394562471&sr=1-15"
"Tastes like my grandma's chicken soup. One of my cold weather go-tos."
"What is a Dutch oven, please? I only have an ordinary electric oven."
"This is a wonderful soup. I make it at least every two weeks in the Winter Months."
"We loved this soup! So good, and so easy and quick. Soups are my favorite, and this one is now included in my file of recipes I'll make again and again."
"this was good, i would make it again ... however, i changed a few things which i think actually enhancedthe recipe. i used low sodium chicken broth instead of just water, i sauteed the onions & celery before anything else then added the broth etc ... all in all, it was a good recipe and better with the few changes i made"
"Everyone raved when I took this soup for a pitch-in at work. My boss wanted the recipe and she made it for her family. She said that they all loved it and ate the whole pot of soup at one sitting. Terrific soup!"