Amish Chicken Corn Soup
Cream corn and butter add richness to this homey chicken noodle soup. It makes a big batch, but it freezes well for future meals…that is one reason why soups are my favorite thing to make.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 12 cups water
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, combine water, chicken, onion, celery, carrots and
- bouillon. Slowly bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30
- minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are
- Stir in corn, noodles and butter; cook 10 minutes or until noodles
- are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 16 servings (about 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 134 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.