- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Amish Breakfast Casserole
"This was great! I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese. Yummy, everyone except my daughter enjoyed it, but she hates almost everything."
"Made with sausage instead of bacon. Did not thaw hash browns and made the night before. Refrigerated overnight. Very good!"
"Would like to cook in crockpot. Any idea how long to cook ?"
"Everybody loves this recipe! I don't thaw the hash browns if making the night before. I just mix as instructed and put in the refrigerator. Since everything is cold I add 10 more minutes to baking time."
"So simple and tasty!"
"would prefer that people not preach their own opinions that refer to ingredients. all can read the recipe and understand and decide if it's to their liking."
"Very good. I added green chili's as well, and it was awesome.I think the negative people are real downers and takes away from the fun of this site. Please everyone.....be positive."
"Used sausage instead of bacon. Added mushrooms and green peppers. Love this recipe!"