Amish Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Amish Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
"Good, easy...good staple for a morning brunch."
"This is a good dish for breakfast or brunch. I used potatoes that I shredded myself and left out the Swiss cheese. It turned out delicious."
"Great recipe! I added chopped up broccoli , sausage and pepperoni slices. Great flavor!I have made this twice and my husband loved it. Makes for great leftovers too!"
"This is a great recipe. I added diced green chili's. But don't think it originated with the Amish as they don't have electricity to keep frozen hash browns. They live very frugally without electricity."
"OK Easy to make. Not a strong flavor. Bacon was a nice change from sausage but maybe could use some vegetable ."