- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Amish Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
"Made this last night for my husband and me. We both thought it was just OK. Way too cheesy. If I make it again I would definitely cut the cottage cheese in half as we felt it was overwhelming and cut back a bit on the other cheeses as well. Although the recipe calls for quite a bit of bacon we felt the dish could've used more. Maybe next time I'll substitute chopped link sausages for more substance. Not sure the potatoes add much to the dish. But, overall, a good basic recipe that can be improved with a few tweaks so I'm glad I tried it. Thanks for sharing."
"I have been making this recipe for years. Everybody loves it. I always make it without the meat for those darn vegetarians in our lives! Meat on the side for the rest of us. Always a hit!"
"I used a four cheese Mexican blend and cubed turkey ham instead and it went over big time. It is good."
"Question. Is it two cups cheddar or eight ounces cheddar?"
"made this this morning!! my family loved it!!!"