Amish Breakfast Casserole
We enjoyed a hearty breakfast bake during a visit to an Amish inn. When I asked for the recipe, one of the ladies told me the ingredients right off the top of her head. I modified it to create this version my family loves. Try breakfast sausage in place of bacon. —Beth Notaro, Kokomo, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion
- over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl,
- combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a
- greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 273 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.