Amish Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Warm milk
- Fresh fruit and/or brown sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Spread evenly in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately spoon into bowls; add milk. Top with fruit and/or brown sugar if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Amish Baked Oatmeal
Sort By :
One of my favorite breakfasts
This recipe is not calculated correctly. As its written, it only feeds three people and does not fit in a large casserole dish.
Needs a little cinnamon, but is still tasty. I added some chopped apple before baking and it came out nice. I also used half regular sugar and half brown.
I like a warm breakfast, and this is great to make the night before, and warm up in the microwave in the morning at work.
This is a really good recipe. I finished mine off with brown sugar and raspberries.
I first tried this recipe over ten years ago. My kids and husband LOVE it and it has become the one thing they insist I make every Christmas morning. Easy to make and so good!
Great breakfast to feed a group. I either double it and use the 9x13 or use a 9x 9 or 8x8 pan. This way it is thicker and softer.