Amish Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Warm milk
- Fresh fruit and/or brown sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Spread evenly in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately spoon into bowls; add milk. Top with fruit and/or brown sugar if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Amish Baked Oatmeal
Sort By :
"Only feeds 3 or 4 people because it is SOOOOOO delicious! Easy to put together in the morning and everyone loves it."
"One of my favorite breakfasts"
"This recipe is not calculated correctly. As its written, it only feeds three people and does not fit in a large casserole dish.Needs a little cinnamon, but is still tasty. I added some chopped apple before baking and it came out nice. I also used half regular sugar and half brown.I like a warm breakfast, and this is great to make the night before, and warm up in the microwave in the morning at work."
"This is a really good recipe. I finished mine off with brown sugar and raspberries."