Americana Smoothies Recipe
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon, frozen
- Small watermelon wedges, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the yogurt, berries and honey. Cover and process for 30-45 seconds or until blended, stirring if necessary. Add watermelon; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; garnish with melon wedges if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 110 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk
Reviews for Americana Smoothies
"I made this without the honey. It was excellent!"
"This was a tasty smoothie recipe. Initially, I was a little skeptical of the watermelon included in the list of ingredients. The addition of watermelon, however, added sweetness to the drink, giving it a punch like flavor. The only change I made was doubling the amount of strawberries and blueberries, yielding an even stronger berry burst of flavor."