Americana Smoothies Recipe
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon, frozen
- Small watermelon wedges, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the yogurt, berries and honey. Cover and process for 30-45 seconds or until blended, stirring if necessary. Add watermelon; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; garnish with melon wedges if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 110 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.