American-Style Vanilla Biscotti Recipe
Here it is, the simplest, easiest biscotti recipe you'll ever follow. Biscotti bake twice rather than once, and thus take a bit longer to start-to-finish than normal drop cookies.—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, salt, vanilla and baking powder. Beat in eggs (the batter may look slightly curdled). On low speed, add flour; mix well. Dough will be sticky.
- 2. Grease a baking sheet or line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the dough on the prepared sheet and shape into a 14-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 3/4-in. log. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the oven and reduce heat to 325°. Cool log on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Using a spray bottle filled with room-temperature water, lightly but thoroughly spritz the log. Cool 5 additional minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife at a 45° angle into even 1/2-in. to 3/4-in. thick slices.
- 4. Place the biscotti on edge on the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until biscotti feel dry on the edges and begin to turn golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for American-Style Vanilla Biscotti
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC