- the food coloring, vinegar and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa,
- salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with
- buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in
- orange juice until smooth. Add the blueberries, nutmeg and salt;
- cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Cool.
- In a small bowl, whip cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peak
- forms. Serve cake with sauce and whipped cream. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece with 2 tablespoons sauce and 3 tablespoons cream equals 378 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.