Ambrosia Waldorf Salad Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberry halves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups diced unpeeled apples
- 1 cup seedless green grape halves
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Shredded or flaked coconut
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cranberries and sugar. In a large bowl, combine the marshmallows, apples, grapes, pecans and pineapple. Add cranberries and mix well. Fold in whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate. Sprinkle with coconut before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 175 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Ambrosia Waldorf Salad
"This was delicious! I followed the recipe exactly, including all the cranberries. The cranberries were not even notice by my husband who usually passes by cranberry dishes."
"I made this to go with our Christmas turkey dinner. It was very good. I only used a half cup of cranberry halves since they're so tart and a couple of tablespoons of sugar, and that was just enough for us."
"one word YUMMY! the only thing I didnt use was the grapes I didnt have any on hand. If you may have a fettish about cranberrys not after this. I chopped them small than half, again Yummmmmy."
"this is really tasty, we didn't use the cranberries and it was still delicious!"