- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, pineapple, marshmallows and coconut. Add sour cream and toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ambrosia Salad
"My family has been making this for as long as I can remember. One tip is to mix the sour cream, coconut, and marshmallows together first, before mixing in the pineapple and mandarin oranges. This helps keep the mandarin oranges from being crushed by too much mixing."
"EX!!!!! Very Yummy!"
"This is so simple and tasty. Great dish to bring to potlucks."
"I have been making this for years my family loves it"
"Very good! So simple with just a few ingredients. I will be making it again!"
"This is simple yet tasty. I have made it with vanilla Greek yogurt with good results too.December 12th is National Ambrosia Day"
"I've made this but instead of a can of pineapple chunks I use a can of mixed fruit and instead of white marshmallows I use the coloured ones."
"This is what we always called '5 cup salad'....love this stuff. Can't get enough!"
"I used flavored miniature marshmallows to add color and flavor to this dish. It has become a favorite quick dessert."
"I added seedless grapes to the recipe, and increased the sour cream. You can add maraschino cherries to it as well if you want to add a bit of color"