Ambrosia Pudding Recipe
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Add the honey, orange peel and vanilla. Fold in the whipped cream.
- 2. In individual dessert dishes, layer half of the pudding, banana slices, orange sections, coconut and almonds. Repeat layers. Chill. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 383 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Ambrosia Pudding
"A little sweet. It may have been better with more bananas and leaving the oranges out all together. Not really sure, but I didn't enjoy it enough to make again."
"Left out the Almonds. This was very good."
"I made half a recipe and ate it all myself. When I make a full recipe for friends I will be sure to drain the oranges well and to make the dessert the same day I plan to serve it."
"great taste and wonderful cool and refreshing dessert that is not heavy. We all love it. will make this one of our favorites."
"Omitted almonds. Yummy!"