Ambrosia Pudding Recipe
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Add the honey, orange peel and vanilla. Fold in the whipped cream.
- 2. In individual dessert dishes, layer half of the pudding, banana slices, orange sections, coconut and almonds. Repeat layers. Chill. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 383 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Ambrosia Pudding
"A little sweet. It may have been better with more bananas and leaving the oranges out all together. Not really sure, but I didn't enjoy it enough to make again."
"Left out the Almonds. This was very good."
"I made half a recipe and ate it all myself. When I make a full recipe for friends I will be sure to drain the oranges well and to make the dessert the same day I plan to serve it."
"great taste and wonderful cool and refreshing dessert that is not heavy. We all love it. will make this one of our favorites."
"Omitted almonds. Yummy!"