Ambrosia Pecan Pie Recipe
Orange peel and coconut combine with pecans to make this a truly special and rich-tasting dessert. It always wins compliments at Christmas dinner. —Bernadine Stine, Roanoke, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugars, orange juice, butter, orange peel and salt until well blended. Stir in pecans and coconut.
- 2. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 523 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC