Orange peel and coconut combine with pecans to make this a truly special and rich-tasting dessert. It always wins compliments at Christmas dinner. —Bernadine Stine, Roanoke, Indiana
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugars, orange juice, butter, orange peel and salt until well blended. Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ambrosia Pecan Pie in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p25
Reviews for Ambrosia Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review