Ambrosia Fruit Recipe
You can capture the flavor of fresh fruit anytime of year with this recipe. With its combination of canned pineapple, fresh apples and flaky coconut, it's the perfect to rely on no matter the season.—Marsha Ransom, South Haven, Michigan
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 medium unpeeled apples, diced
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice in a saucepan, set pineapple aside. Add brown sugar and orange peel to the juice; heat until sugar dissolves. Peel and section oranges into a large bowl, reserving any juice; add the apples and pineapple. Add pineapple juice mixture and stir gently. Chill. Just before serving, sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 129 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC