Ambrosia Fruit Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 medium unpeeled apples, diced
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice in a saucepan, set pineapple aside. Add brown sugar and orange peel to the juice; heat until sugar dissolves. Peel and section oranges into a large bowl, reserving any juice; add the apples and pineapple. Add pineapple juice mixture and stir gently. Chill. Just before serving, sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 129 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Ambrosia Fruit
"My mother always added grapefruit sections and peeled grapes to this as well as the other fruits and coconut. I loved it."
"This made an excellent accompaniment to a Christmas morning brunch of quiche Lorraine and pecan caramel rolls. I added a sliced banana."