You can capture the flavor of fresh fruit anytime of year with this recipe. With its combination of canned pineapple, fresh apples and flaky coconut, it's the perfect to rely on no matter the season.—Marsha Ransom, South Haven, Michigan
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 medium unpeeled apples, diced
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice in a saucepan, set pineapple aside. Add brown sugar and orange peel to the juice; heat until sugar dissolves. Peel and section oranges into a large bowl, reserving any juice; add the apples and pineapple. Add pineapple juice mixture and stir gently. Chill. Just before serving, sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ambrosia Fruit in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p19
Reviews for Ambrosia Fruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review