Ambrosia Fruit Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients; gently fold in yogurt. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, top with toasted coconut. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 229 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Ambrosia Fruit Salad
"I thought this was very tasty. My boyfriend does not eat a lot of fruit and I even got him to eat it. I had a lot leftover, but it was just a good when I ate some for breakfast this morning. The bananas did not even get brown or mushy."
"This is based on the "6 cup salad" recipe.1 c each of canned pineapple/mandarin oranges/grapes/marshmallows/coconut/sour cream.This recipe is lighter and slighly different, using slightly different amounts of fresh fruits using yogurt and adding a banana & almonds."
"This should have been great, but I don't think the vanilla yogart is the right dressing. It made the pineapple tast funny later on in the day."
"Pina colada yogurt is also a great ambrosia salad dressing.? Add some coconut and mini marshmallows to the fruit.?"
"I found this recipe when I was looking to make something different with the ingredients I had and everyone loved it. I used a can of pineapple and a can of mandarin oranges."