- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- Combine the first seven ingredients; gently fold in yogurt. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, top with toasted coconut. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ambrosia Fruit Salad
"I thought this was very tasty. My boyfriend does not eat a lot of fruit and I even got him to eat it. I had a lot leftover, but it was just a good when I ate some for breakfast this morning. The bananas did not even get brown or mushy."
"This is based on the "6 cup salad" recipe.1 c each of canned pineapple/mandarin oranges/grapes/marshmallows/coconut/sour cream.This recipe is lighter and slighly different, using slightly different amounts of fresh fruits using yogurt and adding a banana & almonds."
"This should have been great, but I don't think the vanilla yogart is the right dressing. It made the pineapple tast funny later on in the day."
"Pina colada yogurt is also a great ambrosia salad dressing.? Add some coconut and mini marshmallows to the fruit.?"
"I found this recipe when I was looking to make something different with the ingredients I had and everyone loved it. I used a can of pineapple and a can of mandarin oranges."