Toasted coconut adds fun flavor to Ambrosia Fruit Cups. It's a breeze to toss together in minutes, or can be made ahead and chilled if you're serving a large group. "You can substitute almost any kind of fruit." Edna assures. "Another good combination is kiwi, bananas and strawberries. They taste wonderful together, and they're colorful, too."
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 drops almond extract
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice (discard or save remaining juice for another use). Place pineapple and juice in a bowl; add remaining ingredients and toss lightly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ambrosia Fruit Cups in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p17
Reviews for Ambrosia Fruit Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review