Ambrosia Dessert Bowl Recipe
- 20 large marshmallows
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 5 to 6 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Place marshmallows and 1/4 cup cream in the top of a double boiler; heat over boiling water until the marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile, whip the remaining cream until thickened. Add sugar. Fold into marshmallow mixture. Fold in extracts, pineapple and coconut.
- 3. Place half of pound cake cubes in a 2-1/2 to 3-qt. clear glass bowl. Top with half of the orange sections and half of the cream mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with almonds. Chill until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 406 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Ambrosia Dessert Bowl
"This is the best Taste of Home dessert I have made. I used mandarin orange slices and it is wonderful. Made many times. Beautiful, easy and always a hit."