- 20 large marshmallows
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 5 to 6 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Place marshmallows and 1/4 cup cream in the top of a double boiler; heat over boiling water until the marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whip the remaining cream until thickened. Add sugar. Fold into marshmallow mixture. Fold in extracts, pineapple and coconut.
- Place half of pound cake cubes in a 2-1/2 to 3-qt. clear glass bowl. Top with half of the orange sections and half of the cream mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with almonds. Chill until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Ambrosia Dessert Bowl in Taste of Home February/March 1994, p33
Reviews for Ambrosia Dessert Bowl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review