This easy-to-make dessert from Jeanette Bretthauer of Aurora, Illinois has a yummy flavor and a melt-in-your-mout texture. "I have also made it with chocolate crumbs and crushed candy canes for the holidays," Jeanette notes.
Recommended: Top 10 Coconut Recipes
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 4 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the marshmallows, pineapple and nuts; fold in whipped topping. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; spoon a third of the mixture into a foil-lined 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Top with half of the marshmallow mixture; repeat layers. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Remove dessert from pan; peel off and discard foil. Cut into four pieces; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ambrosia Dessert in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p37
Reviews for Ambrosia Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review