This sparkling fruit salad is versatile and pretty enough for dessert. I like to vary the fruits ... and will sometimes top them off with a dollop of ginger-laced whipped cream or yuletide star fruit garnish.
Recommended: Top 10 Fruit Salad Recipes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1 tablespoon sliced star fruit, optional
- Drain pineapple; reserving juice. In a large bowl, add the bananas, pineapple, grapes, oranges and half the coconut; pour reserved juice over the fruit; lightly toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Just before serving, pour ginger ale over salad and sprinkle with remaining coconut. Serve with a slotted spoon. Garnish with star fruit if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ambrosia Compote in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p15
Reviews for Ambrosia Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review