Ambrosia Bites Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, peels and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Ambrosia Bites
Sort By :
"Delicious! I have sometimes substituted lemon and orange extracts for the grated peel when I don't have lemons and oranges on hand."
"These are awesome. The only thing I would do differently is add more nuts. The taste of citrus made them pop."
"My 91 year old mother just made this receipt and said it was the best cookie she has ever eaten. So...I decided to go on line and print out the receipe to make for my co-workers.*****"
"My 91 year old mother just made this receipt and said it was the best cookied she has ever eaten. So...I decided to go on line and print out the receipe to make for my co-workers."
"I don't know who took the photo, because if you follow the recipe to the letter they do NOT come out looking like this... they're much flatter and chewier. If you want them too look like the photo add more flour.Now that that is said... These cookies are AWESOME! It's a new twist (for me anyway) on the old oatmeal raisin cookie. I'll never make them the old way again!"