Amber's Sourdough Stuffing
All my kids and grandkids absolutely love this stuffing, but especially my daughter-in-law, Amber. I usually have to make a big batch at Thanksgiving so I will have leftovers for my husband. Otherwise, you can use this recipe to make it for two. —Kathy Katz, Ocala, Florida
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2-1/2 cups cubed sourdough bread
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over
- medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, celery, carrot and onion; cook and
- stir until tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add bread cubes and seasonings; toss to
- combine. Stir in egg and enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to two greased 10-oz. ramekins or a 1-qt. baking dish. Bake
- 20-25 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a thermometer
- reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.