All my kids and grandkids absolutely love this stuffing, but especially my daughter-in-law, Amber. I usually have to make a big batch at Thanksgiving so I will have leftovers for my husband. Otherwise, you can use this recipe to make it for two. —Kathy Katz, Ocala, Florida
Featured In: 16 Thanksgiving Recipes for Two
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2-1/2 cups cubed sourdough bread
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, celery, carrot and onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add bread cubes and seasonings; toss to combine. Stir in egg and enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to two greased 10-oz. ramekins or a 1-qt. baking dish. Bake 20-25 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Amber's Sourdough Stuffing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p126
Reviews for Amber's Sourdough Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2015
"This recipe is delicious! Thank you. I made just as written and will make this again."