Amazing Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 ounces sliced pancetta or bacon, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1. Place the first nine ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Chill until serving.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Arrange spinach on a serving plate. Arrange the cheese, tomatoes and pancetta over top.
- 3. Just before serving, shake dressing and drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 239 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Amazing Spinach Salad
"I paired this salad with soup tonight and it was very good. I normally have a hot dressing with spinach, but this was a nice change."