Amazing Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 ounces sliced pancetta or bacon, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1. Place the first nine ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Chill until serving.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Arrange spinach on a serving plate. Arrange the cheese, tomatoes and pancetta over top.
- 3. Just before serving, shake dressing and drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 239 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Amazing Spinach Salad
"I paired this salad with soup tonight and it was very good. I normally have a hot dressing with spinach, but this was a nice change."