Amazing Spinach Salad Recipe
Crunchy, sweet, savory and healthy—this all in one salad has everything my family craves. Plus it's easy to assemble—a must at the holidays. —Lisa Margarone, Safety Harbor, Florida
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 ounces sliced pancetta or bacon, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1. Place the first nine ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Chill until serving.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Arrange spinach on a serving plate. Arrange the cheese, tomatoes and pancetta over top.
- 3. Just before serving, shake dressing and drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 239 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC