Crunchy, sweet, savory and healthy—this all in one salad has everything my family craves. Plus it's easy to assemble—a must at the holidays. —Lisa Margarone, Safety Harbor, Florida
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 ounces sliced pancetta or bacon, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Place the first nine ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Chill until serving.
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Arrange spinach on a serving plate. Arrange the cheese, tomatoes and pancetta over top.
- Just before serving, shake dressing and drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Amazing Spinach Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p113
Reviews for Amazing Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review