- In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients; stir in molasses
- if desired. In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine chicken, cornstarch,
- salt and pepper; toss to coat. Top with red pepper. Pour stock
- mixture over top. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken
- is tender.
- Stir in broccoli. Cover and cook on high 30-40 minutes longer or
- until broccoli is crisp-tender. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with
- toppings of your choice. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without rice and toppings) equals 319 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 891 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now